Many of our brides (we help over 300 per year) are unsure as to where to begin the big process of planning their wedding. Allow us to take the stress off your shoulders by helping you plan and find everything you need. We have networked with the best vendors in our area for over 32 years. View wedding photos for more ideas, order invitations, and accessories either on line or visit us at our current location. This is a a time to be enjoyed with your family and guests. Let the countdown begin with Taylor Rental/Party Plus!
First Things First:
- Announce your engagement to family and friends.
- Establish the number of guests you would like to invite and compile a list with input from both sets of parents. This will help determine what sites will work for you.
- Select date options.
- Meet with the wedding consultants at Taylor Rental
- Choose your ceremony and reception sites. *Need help finding one suitable for you and your wedding? Ask your wedding consultant at Taylor Rental for ideas.
- Let us recommend the best vendors to interview. Call and make an appointment with these vendors. Make deposits to secure services:
- Caterer - schedule tasting
- Cake Baker - schedule tasting
- Quebbie (DJ in-a-box) rental
- String Quartet
- Chose your maid of honor, best man and other attendants
- Begin shopping for your gown.
- Send out save-the-date cards, especially if many out of town guests
- Reserve party rentals –tents, candelabra, linens, tables, chairs
- Take engagement photos and send in an announcement to your local newspaper. See Sunday’s engagement and wedding section for info
- Research accommodations and group rates for out-of-town guests and confirm any availability
- Register for wedding gifts.
- Order your gown and schedule fittings.
- Purchase your shoes, headpiece, jewelry, and lingerie for the wedding day.
- Choose bridesmaids’ dresses.
- Plan the rehearsal dinner.
- Plan gift opening. This is usually held on the day after the wedding (a Sunday, for example, if the wedding is on a Saturday). You can plan a nice brunch or lunch to go with it.
- Begin researching honeymoon options.
- Reserve your accommodations for the wedding night.
- Choose and order wedding favors. Check the many catalogs & on line at Taylor Rental/Party Plus
- Choose attire for groom and groomsmen and place orders.
4 to 6 Months Before:
- Place orders for all wedding stationary: invitations, envelopes, thank-you notes. Get prices for programs and menus, which can be ordered closer to the wedding date. Consult with your Taylor Rental wedding consultant for the date these need to be ordered. ( Send them out 4-6 weeks prior to wedding and allow yourself one month for addressing and assembly )
- Book a calligrapher, if using one or use one of our invitation companies.
- Book wedding-day transportation.
- Make wedding-day appointments for hair and makeup, as well as a run-through four to eight weeks prior to the date.
- Finalize the guest list.
- Plan the honeymoon and reserve flights, hotel rooms and a rental car.
- Shop for and order wedding bands.
2 to 4 Months Before:
- Contact the town/city clerk’s office to inquire about marriage-license requirements.
- Meet with officiate to discuss options for the ceremony and choose readings; invite loved ones to perform readings, if appropriate. Now is also the best time to develop your wedding-day program.
- Select the ceremony and reception music.
- Shop for attendant’s gifts.
- Choose and order items for welcome baskets, if you’re giving them.
4 to 8 Weeks Before:
- Mail out your invitations six to eight weeks prior to the wedding date.
- Meet with the caterer to decide on the detailed menu
- Be sure that programs and menus have been ordered with Taylor Rental
- Do hair and makeup run-through with headpiece.
- Decide on any necessary insurance-policy changes for you and your groom.
- Gather information from the town/city clerk’s office to change your name, if desired.
- If desired, compose your vows.
- 2 Weeks Before:
- Arrange for dress to be picked up or delivered
- Followup with guests who have not returned their response card for correct count.
- Organize all wedding-day payments and gratuities in envelopes and decide who will distribute them. e.g. the pastor, vocalist, and musicians (to be paid).etc
- Decide who will collect and transport heirlooms, such as the unity candle and toasting glasses, to and from the ceremony and reception.
- Check on groom and male attendants gifts and accessories.
1 Week Before:
- Take car of last-minute beauty treatments, including waxing, facial, manicure, and pedicure.
- Give the caterer a guaranteed count for the reception
- Create a emergency care package to consist of safety pins, thread, needle, hairspray, soft drinks, juice, crackers, cheese and more and place in your bag. Have “something old, new borrowed and blue” ready. Attend your bachelorette party. (No not hold the night before the wedding.)
2 Days Before:
- Have a typed itemized time line printed out for each of your bridal attendants to share at the rehearsal dinner
- Get a good night’s sleep and eat well. (lots of protein and water)
1 Day Before:
- Attend the Rehearsal and pass out detailed time line for all
- Attendants. Review it verbally with as in a fun game fashion. e.g. Where will you be at 1:00p.m. etc
- Relax- be flexible and have fun!
- Make plenty of time to get ready.
- Eat a good breakfast with lots of protein.
- Enjoy this day with your family.
Taylor Rental - Party Plus, 2524 M-139, Benton Harbor, MI 49085
Call: (269) 925-2125